Best Work Truck for Gas Mileage
When managing a fleet of trucks, gas is a huge expense. With gas prices on the rise, you want to find the truck with the best balance of power and fuel efficiency. These are the 5 most-popular trucks with the best gas mileage in 2022.
10 Most Popular Pickup Trucks by Gas Mileage
|Make||Truck Model||City||Highway||Horsepower||Sold in 2021|
|Ford||F-150||25 mpg||26 mpg||290 to 700 hp||362,032|
|Ford||Ranger||21 mpg||26 mpg||270 hp||58,371|
|Dodge||Ram||20 mpg||25 mpg||260 to 702 hp||313,069|
|Chevy||Colorado||19 mpg||25 mpg||181 to 308 hp||38,860|
|GMC||Sierra||19 mpg||22 mpg||305 to 420 hp||138,411|
|Toyota||Tacoma||19 mpg||24 mpg||159 to 278 hp||139,296|
|Chevy||Silverado||19 mpg||22 mpg||305 to 420 hp||291,322|
|Toyota||Tundra||18 mpg||24 mpg||348 to 389 hp||43,865|
|Jeep||Gladiator||16 mpg||23 mpg||260 to 285 hp||48,784|
Best Work Trucks for Towing
If you plan on towing big payloads, you’ll want to pay attention to torque and towing capacity. Torque is the amount of force generated by the wheels of a vehicle. In simple terms, it’s the vehicle’s “strength,” measured in pounds per foot. Towing capacity is the maximum amount of weight a truck can tow. The chart below features the ten pickup trucks with the highest towing capacity.
10 Best Work Trucks with the Highest Towing Capacity
|Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty||15 mpg||1050 lb-ft.||24,200 lbs|
|Dodge Ram 2500HD and 3500HD||15 mpg||1075 lb-ft.||23,000 lbs|
|GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD||14 mpg||910 lb-ft.||20,000 lbs|
|Chevy Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD||14 mpg||910 lb-ft.||20,000 lbs|
|Ford F-150||25 mpg||500 lb-ft.||14,000 lbs|
|Chevy Silverado 1500||20 mpg||460 lb-ft.||13,300 lbs|
|GMC Sierra 1500||20 mpg||460 lb-ft.||13,200 lbs|
|Dodge Ram 1500||22 mpg||410 lb-ft.||12,750 lbs|
|Toyota Tundra||20 mpg||405 lb-ft.||12,000 lbs|
Benefits of Commercial Truck Leasing
- Lower monthly payments: Leasing allows for lower monthly payments because you’re only paying for the portion of the truck that your company actually uses.
- Lower maintenance expenses: Our fleet maintenance and repair program provides access to nearly 80,000 certified repair centers across the country, with pre-negotiated prices to keep costs to a minimum.
- Easily upgrade to newer models: Seamlessly upgrade to new models and eliminate the hassle of buying and selling.
- Save on fuel: Utilize our fuel card program and receive one invoice for all your fuel expenses. Eliminate any inappropriate fuel purchases with our spending control program.
- Flexible leasing options: We offer open-end and closed-end leasing options, depending on your specific needs.
Need more reasons to lease your work trucks?
Flexible Truck Leasing Options
Find the financing option that best suits your business’ needs. We offer both open-end and closed-end leasing options.
- Open-End: An ongoing lease with no mileage limits that allows for more flexibility than closed-end leases.
- Closed-End: A lease with fixed terms and mileage limits. With a closed-end lease, there is a defined end-point to the lease.
Contact Ewald for a free commercial truck fleet evaluation.